Monday, August 2, 2010

Featured Art

"Lake Stones"

I feel a certain affinity towards these type of beaches - rock versus sand; they are infinitely more interesting to me and there is comfort in the familiar sound of the rocks underfoot as they are carefully navigated. There is comfort also in the soothing sound of the waves washing over them. Sitting along the waters edge at days end as the waves gently lap the shore and the sun sinks beyond the horizon is one of my favorite indulgences. It is a mingling of scent and sound which brings calm and peace to my very soul.

As a child, summers were spent along the shores of Lake Ontario, where I would often spend my days collecting rocks when I wasn't swimming. I still come home with a bag of colorful stones each time we visit. There are cylinders of them in our living room, which is themed around our mutual love of the water, and the time we spend there as a family: a port in the dead of winter when the bitter cold closes in around me and I long for the carefree days of summer.

Our featured art for the month is an image from a recent trip to Chimney Bluffs. It was a glorious summer day: the water was clear and calm, providing a spectacular view of the lake bed and the perfect opportunity to capture the stones revealed just beneath its' shimmering surface.

Open edition. Unstretched canvas print, Lustre finish. Brush stroke finish available. Image size 24" x 16", $225.00. To purchase, click here.

Museum and Gallery Wrap also available.

Additional sizes, papers and frame options on request.

No comments: