Monday, September 8, 2008

Mallard Hen with Ducklings

"Mallard Hen with Ducklings"

Like most areas around here near the water, an abundance of Mallard ducks can be found, especially if they can get a handout from a kindly human - though like most of us, they shouldn't be eating those kind of "treats".

I look forward to them visiting when we are at the boat, as I am quite fond of them. I have a flock of twenty some odd domestic ducks to prove it. They are such cheerful, animated little creatures.

The other day after Michael and I had been out on the sea-doo (my water pony), a group of hens came up to me as I waited for Michael to go get the trailer. One was so friendly she climbed right onto the back of the sea-doo.

The hen pictured above visits our dock regularly with the remaining members of her brood. They are just darling, and just about full grown. They like to follow me around while I'm swimming. Hoping for one of those handouts, I'm sure.

Open edition photographic print on Fuji Crystal Archive paper. Image size, 10 x 7", $35.00. To purchase, click here.

Additional sizes, papers, frame options and canvas prints available.

No comments: