Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Silence Broken


The Silence Broken @ Penny Arcade 2/15/08

Music is my lifeblood when spending countless hours at my drawing board working on a new piece, or at my computer editing a photo shoot or updating my site. Much of that time is spent co-creating with my son John, as he works on new material for his band, The Silence Broken. As well as being a fan, and a proud Mom - I also do photography for the band, which has taken me out of my "natural" environment and given me another creative outlet.

I was invited to sit in on a practice session last night, getting to hear the band play their new material for the first time, as they prepare for an upcoming show on Saturday. I used this time to also work on a drawing - though the guys were amazed that I could actually sit and draw while they were playing. It wasn't as comfortable as being at my drawing board, but then, it's not every day the music I listen to is played live for me, either. Very cool.

"Guide" is definately my favorite of the three songs they are currently working on. The guys sounded great, and I'm looking forward to seeing them play Saturday. The show is at the California Brew Haus in Rochester, New York. Setiva, Caustic, Absolution Project, Stemm and Approach (Sanity) will also be playing. Should be a great show!



Visit The Silence Broken at www.myspace.com/thesilencebroken.










No comments: